Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Wild Critters

This pretty girl was acting an awful lot like a pet this past week. We had a cool rainy weekend, all weekend long a week ago. And thinking that it was safe, I had been putting the food for the deer in the back yard under the Italian Prune tree. But of course the bowl ended up completely soaked, and I had to throw it out, and unfortunately that was all I had at the time.
So not finding the food in the back yard where she expected it, she came around to the front porch to where it normally is in the winter; but the cupboard was bare.....


She literally came right up on to the porch. I apologized to her, and promised I would get some the next day. So I went to bed, and the next morning I went to let Tom Cat out while I was getting ready for work. I was unlocking the door and heard noise, and when I opened the door it was in time to watch her scrambling down the steps!
It had been raining all night, so I"m thinking it might have been a combination of her getting out of the rain, and waiting for food that lead to her being there. I left work a little early just to make sure I got to the Farmer's Co-Op on time ♥



I got a different brand of food for the deer, because I went to the Co-Op in town rather than out in Ferndale. And she liked it just fine, but she wasn't the only one.......

As most know, I love squirrels and these two were too cute. They camp out right in the bowl and then were chasing each other around the porch.


No comments:

Post a Comment