Monday, May 13, 2013

A Monday if Ever There Was One



So I had a Monday today that I bet everyone can laugh at and relate to.

I usually catch the bus at 7:15, but was running a little behind, and went to catch the bus that comes at 7:30. That bus if it's running on time will get me to the Cordata Bus station just in time to catch the connecting bus to work. Well. Of course the 7:30 bus didn't get there until almost 7:40, and I missed my bus to work. 

If I had been feeling better, I would have originally taken an early bus (before 7 am) to walk to work on purpose, but as it is, I walked to work because I had to, and ended up with a bad blister on the bottom of my foot (naturally).

And while I was standing there waiting for the bus, I had to bear witness to a lovely white trash domestic dispute with a young couple, the male half of whom was a real jerk. He didn't raise a hand to her, but he had her child in the car, and was basically using it as collateral in their argument. But I didn't even know that, until he finally took the child out of the car. The child looked unharmed, and the police showed up before my bus did, so I know she was okay.

Then my trivia question for the day made me feel both old, and from another planet. For my "Name That Tune" trivia today, I asked what was the name of the Stevie Wonder song that was 'covered' quite admirably by Peter Frampton.

I had more than one person ask me who Peter Frampton was.....
Then it was hard to explain the culture significance of "Frampton Comes Alive" and its impact on the music scene at the time. Oh my gosh. Never did I feel more like an alien from another planet than today at work.

Just in case you are wondering the answer, it's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)".

I did feel somewhat redeemed by another occurrence of my psychic abilities though, because at lunch I was checking out today's celebrity birthdays on IMDb.com, and it's Stevie Wonder's 63rd birthday. (Yes! I still got it!)


SSSSSSS!

(Several times my question of the day involves someone, something, etc. that is in the news, or on IMDb the same day, or day after.)

Anyways, that's it. I hope I have an uneventful evening, and get to bed early 

No comments:

Post a Comment