Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Princess Bride


Okay, so most people that know me, know I am a big movie buff, and that I'm pretty geeky to boot. And one of my all-time favorite movies is "The Princess Bride". Somewhere in the last year I got the idea in my head that we should have a Princess Bride Day that is along the lines of "Talk Like a Pirate Day", which is September 19th. A day where everyone can have fun and quote their favorite lines from the movie. "Anybody want a peanut?"

I chose September 25th, because according to the official Prince Bride website, and Wikipedia, this is the day that the movie premiered, specifically back in 1987. And since I'm not on Facebook, I'm on Blogger, I decided to get started spreading the word here. I'm also having fun with a DVD give-away every day this coming week at work, where I know that most of my co-workers think I'm a goofball, but what the heck, life is short.

So if you are similarly inspired, have fun storming the castle with Fezzik, Buttercup, Westley and Inigo Montoya. They're the next best thing to a nice M.L.T. - Mutton Lettuce and Tomato, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe.....they're so perky, I love that!



No comments:

Post a Comment