Saturday, April 5, 2014

TED Talks - Jackson Katz: Violence Against Women is a Men's Issue



Anyone who has read my blog knows that violence against women is a something that sickens me to my core. I have thankfully not been victimized, and hope I never am. The statistics are horrible though; one in every three women is. To live life as a woman and know that either you or someone close to you will suffer that fate is not really a good way to face every day is it? 

The reason I am sharing this video, is because the message in it is powerful; sexual violence should not be an accepted expectation. We as a society have the ability to change that, but it will take a paradigm shift for all of us to achieve it. You can make all the laws that you want, but if attitudes don't change, the problem will never go away. 




No comments:

Post a Comment