Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer Solstice

The first day of summer here in Bellingham was thankfully a absolutely beautiful one. Sunny the whole entire day. I worked from 10 to 2 and came home and worked in the yard from around 4 to 8:30 minus dinner & the news at 6.
I met my new neighbor who bought Dave Sr.'s house next door. The house had been empty since 2006 when Dave passed away. I was not happy with his dog running around loose; the 1st night they were there his dog Bear charged at a squirrel in my yard. All I could imagine is him doing the same to my cats.
The new owner is Taggart and he seems nice so I tried to nicely voice my concerns and he was responsive,  so I hope it's all good. It was actually kind of funny because his dog kept coming over to check out the cats and they were all staring at him, but standing their ground.
I think the dog actually wants to play, and he didn't bark at them, that's a start. I've been thinking it would be good for them to learn to get along with a dog,  maybe this will be the opportunity by default.
I pruned a bunch more out of the apple trees,  but I still have so much more I need to do. I'm really worn out tonight. I came in and poured a glass of mango orange juice and sat down in the living room. I looked over at it and it looked like it was glowing. The sun was reflecting off of something and lit it up, it was cool.
I'm going to watch the Winnipeg Comedy Fest on CBC and relax a bit, then hit the showers and flop into bed!

Zits 

No comments:

Post a Comment