Sunday, July 29, 2012

Around The Corner Picnic

So last Sunday Mother Nature co-operated and we did not get rained out for a second year in a row for our annual picnic at Hovander Park in Ferndale. We had a fairly decent sized group attend. And Denise made us all happy with double frosting on the Hershey's Chocolate Cake....



The gardens around the house are something I look forward to seeing, and this year did not disappoint.
I don't know the names of everything I took a picture of, I just snapped away...







I thought the color of these was pretty cheerful.








I loved these two next to each other. I think it's Lavender next to those intense pink roses. The roses look like the one I have in the back yard, except for mine is white, and HUGE.






I love this Arbor that they built in front of the house. I think it has Grapevine growing on it, I'm not sure. I would like an English style garden that had one just like it with Wisteria growing on it.





This is the family they put together in the children's Storybook garden. I still don't know exactly why they call it that, but it's still a nice addition to the park.





Usually the Lace Cap Hydrangea is in full bloom by this time of year. When it is, it is so beautiful.

My Sweet Pea's are finally up to the full height of the spiral trellis I planted them on. And I'm finally getting more than just one bloom at a time too.

I hope that since it took so long to finally get nice, that we at least have nice weather all the way through September to make up for it!

1 comment:

  1. I felt so bad that I didn't make the picnic this year, but my church service went splendidly :-) - loved the video of the guy with the lion cubs. T.

    ReplyDelete