Sunday, July 15, 2012

Munchkin and his big friend

After I got back from getting groceries this afternoon I let the cat's out, and it didn't take long for Munchkin to head over to Dave's next door. I happened to look out the kitchen window and figured out why; he had heard the buck over in the backyard stirring around.

Munchkin


 The buck was just coming around the row of evergreens and Munchkin stopped and lowered himself to the ground. The buck was cautiously trying to sniff him, and Munchkin was a little nervous too. They ended up settling down near each other for a short time.








Munchkin


I think the buck is probably 2-3 years old, and it was the first time I had seen him this summer. He hung around for a couple of hours at least. The weather turned cooler and overcast, and he just was relaxing in the peace and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment