Sunday, September 9, 2012

This n' That


I love the Greek Fest, and went twice this year, with Jo on Thursday and Jo, Denise and Debra on Saturday. As always the food was fantastic, and the weather was sunny and beautiful. I was hoping that more of the Around the Corner gang would have joined us, but hopefully we will have a nice crowd at Christmas for the Cookie Party.

I have gotten a lot done on the desk in the last month. I finished sanding, and as of this morning, put the third coat of oil on the last two sections. I will put on one to two more coats, and then the real fun will begin of putting it all back together. The weather is supposed to be nice again this week, after some rain tomorrow, so I should be able to be to get most of that done by the weekend.

Sadly, this Saturday may bring an end to the "Davemobile". The transmission went out on the 1983 Buick Skylark I got from my late neighbor Dave in mid-June, and I cannot afford to fix it. I will be getting the car towed away and sold for scrap, I was hoping it was going to make it 30 years, but that was not to be.

I had fun catching up on the past week of The Daily Show from the conventions. There were too many funny sections for me to embed all of them here. But of course in between the humor were some pretty wry observations as well, I recommend checking them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment