Monday, April 15, 2013

The Boston Marathon

Jeff Bauman before the race
Jeff B. 

*Updated April 20th

The link below is for Jeff Bauman (pictured here) who was at the finish line cheering on his girlfriend. He lost both legs below the knee, and saw one of the two brothers responsible for the bombings walk right past him in the crowd.
http://www.gofundme.com/BucksforBauman is one of several websites that you can go to, to donate for individual victims in the Boston Marathon bombing. This site was featured on C-Net and is a secure site to my understanding.

I caught up with Denise via email this week, and Martin did not run in the marathon this year, so I was relieved they were not affected.
******************************************************************

I don't have anything profound to say, I just am in tears tonight learning more about what happened today in Boston. For as horrific as the pictures are, I forced myself to look at them, to know what these people went through.

I am thinking about my friend and former boss Denise, and her son Martin who has been a long distance runner since high school. I'm pretty sure he has run in the Boston Marathon before, but I don't know if he was there today. If he was, or if they were, I hope they are okay. And I wonder if we will have to deal with this kind of terrorism for the rest of our existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment