Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Puppy Love

Mutts - February 12, 2014

Olympian Gus Kenworthy and some lucky pups

I read two different stories tonight about people trying to save stray dogs from execution in Sochi Russia, including the U.S. Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy.

This was one of two photos from his Facebook page that were featured in a story on The Huffington Post. There was a sweet caption to this as well. "It's still love to a puppy".

The other story also on the same site was about a Russian man from Moscow, who drove all the way from there to Sochi to take in about a dozen dogs and then take them back to foster homes in Moscow.

I had first read about Putin arranging for literally thousands of dogs to be disposed of before the games began a few weeks ago and it made me sick to my stomach. You know that it will be an cruel death, and it's just one more heartless act from a brutal SOB.

Another recent story that has made me sick to my stomach is the giraffe in the Danish zoo that was killed and feed to the lions. I cannot even conceive of how they could do something like that. Zoo's are there to protect wild animals, not execute them. And to make matters worse this was all on public display. It's no wonder the staff are now getting death threats.

No comments:

Post a Comment