Saturday, March 8, 2014

Spring Flowers & Showers


When I went to the Barkley Haggen during the week these tulips immediately caught my eye as I was going in the main entrance. I love this color of flowers; this color combination is really pretty in parrot tulips also. It ended up raining pretty much all day today, but it does feel like the weather is shifting. We had day time highs in the mid to upper 50's this week, and tonight when I went to let Tom Cat in, I could hear a bunch of crickets chirping, that is a very good sign!


I just finished reading "Who Moved My Cheese" by Dr. Spencer Johnson a few days ago, and went through it again last night and today to write down the passages that stood out for me, and thoughts I had while reading it. I borrowed it from my supervisor Kelly. It is a book that she has recommended for all of us, because it has to do with change, which we are constantly going through.



At the strong urging of my friend Steve from Premier, I read "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens" by Sean Covey last fall. Even though it is geared toward teens, it's still appropriate for adults. It was helpful in reinforcing what I was already doing, but also helped me become more focused as well. I'm in a better mindset for setting goals, big and small.



At work starting in November I think, each month we have been pairing up and doing a Power Point presentation on each of the 7 Habits during our team meeting. It has been good to get the perspective of others and see what their take-away's were after they read the chapter. 

For March, Peggy & Lindsey presented the Habit: the Public & Private Victory. It is mostly to do with our relationships with others, but also reinforces that we ourselves have to come from a healthy place to be successful in our relationships with others. I thanked them both, because it was very thought provoking, and fit in with a big part of what I have been working on for myself. 

During the Christmas break I read "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield and it was very helpful in helping me see how I was letting a lot of my emotional baggage and fears stop me from progressing. All of these books have been helpful in leading me forward.

Woody



No comments:

Post a Comment