Monday, September 8, 2014

St. Sophia Greek Fest 2014


St. Sophia's Greek Church
 For the last several years now I've tried to get to the Greek Fest 2 -3 times for either lunch or dinner, this year I made it twice. It started on Thursday, which is typically a quiet time, with Friday dinner time being the busiest. Thursday I went after work alone, and then Saturday I met Karen, Denise and Jo for an early lunch; good timing, because the lines were long by the time we left.


The weather was gorgeous, warm and sunny. The food is always great, I've discovered that I actually like the Loukamades better than Baklava as far as sweets are concerned. I love getting a gyro and spanikopita for the main course.


Karen, Jo & Denise

Loukamades

The Loukamades are basically a free form donut with a honey glaze with cinnamon sprinkled on top. They are so yummy.

The video is just a very small snippet of the two gentlemen that have played for the last couple of years at the fest. They are good, but it would be fun sometime to have a larger collection of musicians to join them.




No comments:

Post a Comment