Sunday, December 21, 2014

Cookie Party 2014

WTA Christmas Bus 2014

I'm not sure when they started the tradition, but Whatcom Transit Authority decorates a couple of buses for Christmas, and I've managed to ride on one of them at least once these last two years since I've been car-less. Today I got to ride on this bus twice. It's kind of fun and makes you smile.


Susan & Don, Denise and Naomi (in the background) and Barb

Dot, Susan & Don and Denise

Denise, Naomi, Barb, Steve and Glenn

Naomi & Steve and Glenn

Jo and Maria take a selfie

Today was the Cookie Party at Denise's house. It was our normal crowd of Don & Susan, Steve & Naomi, Jo & Glenn and Jo's mom Dot. This year Barb made it again, along with Steve & Naomi's grandson's Chase and Sam. Jo is as camera shy as I am, but I pretty easily convinced her to take a selfie with me for a good cause - to send to Debra in Florida. We all miss Debra, she will always be a part of the Around the Corner Gang, but moved to Florida over a year ago to be near her mom.

We were talking a lot about old books and how they came to be acquired, when Denise told the story of buying an old trunk at the local auction house years ago, and inside the trunk were a couple of  local school annuals, one of which Steve had drawn an illustration in! Talk about serendipity, that blew me away. And of course, the end of our conversation ended up being about food! That's what brought us together, and keeps us together ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment