Sunday, January 25, 2015

A Beautiful Day for Some Cheese Biscuits!

Cheese Biscuits

What a beautiful mild day we had today, high around 56 degrees and no rain - though parts of the surrounding yard still have puddles from yesterday.

I made the whipping cream biscuits with grated Colby & Monterrey Jack cheese to go with my salad for lunch; I threw in some Garlic Herb Bread seasoning from Spice Hunter, and OMG they were so good, they didn't even really need butter! I love that blend, and I have to admit the bottle is really old and I should get a new one, but I hadn't seen it in the local stores and wasn't even sure they still made it until I went online today.

Last Saturday Don & Susan, Tina, Naomi and Jo and I met up at Cafe Akroteri downtown for Greek food. At some point in the conversation I think it was Jo that said she had heard a frog already this month, and couldn't believe it given that it's still January. Well yesterday and today I heard one too, so it makes me wonder if we are going to have an early spring. I would really love that, even though we haven't really had a hard winter, it would still be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment