Saturday, October 6, 2012

Election 2012

My friend Tina sent me the link to a very funny (and to the point) You Tube video from Sarah Silverman about Voter ID laws, Let My People Vote 2012 - Get Nana A Gun. There is some profanity, but it's worth it.

My step mom Susan sent me this right after the Republican National Convention. I thought it was priceless.

I have to dig a little and update this post later after I find the segment from the Daily Show the week after the RNC with Jon Stewart's take on Clint Eastwood at the convention.

I did not watch this week's debate, but have been reading some of the analysis and enjoyed Washington Week on PBS last night, including the Webcast Extra where they were giving their take on it's impact for both candidates. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the generally bad reviews of the President, but there were some positive things observed too.

I've felt for the last 4 years that Obama has always been so careful not to appear as the "angry black man" and fulfill the negative stereotypes, that he has been labelled as ineffectual in the process. The fear and paranoia of all the idiots who couldn't stand the thought of a black president instantly came out after he was elected, and it's been like he is walking on egg-shells ever since.

I was truly happy in 2008 that we had finally come to a place in America where we could elect a black president. But ever since then it's been so evident that racism is still alive and well, that it feels like we haven't made any progress at all.

*Update October 13th
I finally got off my can and found the clip of the Daily Show I was looking for. It was from August 31st, and he so brilliantly sums it up around the 2 minute mark, enjoy....

1 comment:

  1. The thing that I can't figure out is when Mitt was saying what a great bi-partisan guy he is, why no one is mentioning all the Tea Bag republicans who stated at THE BEGINNING OF Obama's term that they were going to make is a disaster and make sure that he was a failure. Why isn't anyone talking about that? T.

    ReplyDelete