Friday, December 28, 2012

We Are Not the Top of the Food Chain...

If anyone is reading this blog, I hope that they can tell that I am a spiritual person, hoping for a world where human beings are striving to be better people and not wallowing in the depths of degradation. And I would hope that I'm not alone in that wish. This story about rape , actually two different events in India, could easily lead me to hate all men but I really don't want to live that way. But as a woman, reading about this hurts me to my core.

I have never been sexually assaulted, and I cannot imagine the hell these women went through. But an assault on one woman, is an assault on all women. One event after another this year, has made me feel like we have not made any progress at all in terms of prejudice and equality for women. Some countries are much worse than others in regards to how little respect women get, but no country is immune to the problem. I still cannot get over the fact that it is 2012, on the verge of 2013, and we still have so many people that are the equivalent of cavemen. We can be better than this, and we should be better than this.



No comments:

Post a Comment