Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My desk is finally done!

Woody & The Late, Great Miss Kitty

I finally finished my desk (see pictures below)! It was my goal to put this desk back together on my Christmas break this year. It took two days, and I was actually a little worried when I got started because I did not document anything as I took it apart, and that was 3 summers ago.....



The picture at the top is reference for how it was before I started. The finish was not a consistent color and the wood pulls were different sizes too. I think it's an old army desk from one of the bases here in Washington, I bought it from my friend Steve Stimson from his former antique shop.


The wood is maple, and it is a nice sturdy piece of furniture. The chair I also got from Steve, but at a different time, and it is also maple with some beautiful grain patterns here and there. I refinished the chair in 2006. 

Woody & Pauline



 

It looks like I will have to compete with Woody and Pauline for this spot when I need to set up my sewing machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment