Sunday, June 23, 2013

Busy Bee

The busy season is upon us at work, and I have had some long days. My cold is gone thankfully, but I'm still burning the candle at both ends during the week and sleeping extra on the weekend.

I just uploaded over a week's worth of meme's to the slideshows, but am still two weeks behind on catching up to The Daily Show, ah well. The weather is still so back and forth that it doesn't feel like summer at all. I don't miss the really cold snowy winters of Michigan, but I do miss the consistent warmth of the summers.

I was bummed earlier this week when I found that something had been digging in the pot that I have my Sweet Peas in, and I suspect the squirrels. I was so excited earlier this spring, they were off to such a good start. Enough of my complaining. The white rose out back has just started to bloom and that will make up for it ♥

I was having a brief conversation with my teammates Terry and Amber at the end of the day, that I saw/experienced some interesting things on the bus this weekend. Amber said I should blog about that. I want a catchy title for those posts, and I don't have it formed in my head yet.

The story I was going to recount to them was about waiting for the bus to go shopping on Sunday morning and watching this Japanese woman coming around the corner on the opposite side of the street, and she was walking backwards the whole way. I kid you not. The bus stop on the opposite side of Alabama has a bench, and she walked backward all the way around the corner and sat straight down on the bench. Then I could hear some music (coming from her phone presumably). Then after several minutes she walked across to the stop where myself and another woman were standing, not walking backwards by the way.

Then she starts signing to herself. Finally the bus arrives, it was crowded and she sat in the aisle side of the seat with a guy who was already on the bus. By the time we reached the Cordata bus station, she was leaning forward onto the seat in front of her like she was passed out, even though she showed no previous signs of being under the influence of anything.

It has now been a year of riding the bus since my car went kaput, and I know I can't say that I've seen it all because there will always be tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment