Monday, June 3, 2013

Visit to the Vet, and other adventures

Boo



Boo


Boo had her first trip to the vet for her annual exam since I no longer have a car. She did pretty well on the bus I have to say. I gave her two of the relaxing treats about a half hour before we left. She did pretty good; no yowling at all, and only a little bit of meowing here and there. I talked to her a lot to try and keep her calm. She was even relaxed enough to purr while the vet was handling her.
When we left and walked to the bus stop a block away I saw on the schedule that the next bus was 15 minutes yet. Well I knew I could get back into downtown in the same amount of time, so off we went. She got a little tour of downtown with a hip-level view. The walk was not hard at all, but she is 13 pounds, so I kept having to switch hands so my arm didn't get too tired. She was happy to get home, and we ended up taking a nap together with her curled up across my arm. Little bosom buddies.

On Sunday when the sun finally came out in the afternoon I got out and mowed the lawn. It was really funny, about 5 minutes after I finished, I came inside to use the bathroom. When I came back out into the kitchen I looked out the window in time to see the two bucks in front of Dave's house next door. They were about 25 feet apart and they were both doing a squat pee. Synchronized deer peeing, not something you see every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment