Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Verdict Came In - Walking Pneumonia

It has been a long hard week,  most of which seems like ages ago already. I'll be picking up Woody's ashes tomorrow which may be an emotional time, although for the most part I have made peace with his passing.
I finally went to the doctor on Friday morning and got the diagnosis;  walking pneumonia. It was just in time because my lungs were so heavy I could barely breath. I'd been sleeping almost all the time that I wasn't working.
I have to give a shout out to the friends and colleagues who helped me along the way. Kelly for bringing me home from work Wednesday with a stop at Haggen for some groceries.  And Cathy bringing me home from work Thursday.
Naomi taking 2 & 1/2 hours out of her day Friday to bring me to the doctors office, pharmacy and back home.
And to end my week with something positive,  Karen chauffeured me to potluck dinner at Denise's with Barb rounding out The Gang of Four.  As usual we had a long interweaving conversation and good food to fill the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment