Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mom & Dad

I don't wallow in sadness,  but I do usually spend a lot of time thinking about my mother on the anniversary of her death. It was 29 years ago today,  and most of that I remember like it was yesterday.

Two days from now,  on Friday,  is the 4th anniversary of my father passing away. I can still distinctly remember being on pins & needles at work 4 years ago today. Dad was in hospice care,  his Alzheimers Disease was about to end his life. I woke up that morning all of a sudden thinking what would be the odds of him dying the same day as Mom.

It was not to be,  but when the end came I was more at peace with it all after having experienced him deteriorating for 5 years.

And as I've talked about here before, I wonder how long will I live. I am set to turn 52 about 2 months from now. If I do,  I will have lived longer than Mom. I hope if I do live to a decent older age that I continue to have reasonably good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment