Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday Funnies & Other Things

Sherman's Lagoon - October 3 2014
And Cat Said, Let There Be Memes
 We are having mild weather this last week and today is around 70 degrees and sunny. I was out working on the porch stripping the old finish off the drawing board portion of the drafting table and was wearing shorts! I can't recall it ever being this nice and warm enough for me to be in shorts in October before.

My niece Jennifer and sister in law Cindy came though town yesterday with a few other family members headed to Vancouver B.C. for the weekend. It was nice to visit even thought it was a short while. I haven't seen them in almost two years I think. Jennifer just turned 15 this summer and she is now about 5' 8", and her cousin Justin who is a year younger than her is at least 5' 9". Man they have grown so much since I saw them last!

I found out through the health assessment at work that I am an inch shorter than I thought I was. I thought my dad had measured me when I was around 20 years old, and that I was 5' 10". Apparently that wasn't accurate, and I am 5' 9". It was very demoralizing! It certainly didn't positively impact my B.M.I. index that's for sure.

I did remain in the same category as far as my overall health though in terms of the blood test results, so that's good. And my doctor's office called me and said that my annual blood draw from there the week before showed me in the normal ranges for cholesterol so I was pleased with that.

I updated the blog layout a little bit again by switching out the picture to Munchkin & Boo. I think I am going to switch out the picture more often, just for a little variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment