Sunday, October 19, 2014

What a gorgeous day

It got up to 71° today - absolutely beautiful out this afternoon. Our mild weather has continued a lot longer than I thought it would. It looks like that may come to an end in the next few weeks,  but for now, I'm going to enjoy it!

I did a lot of laundry this weekend and had the doors open for the fresh air and warmth today. Half way through the afternoon Boo brought me a big surprise; a live snake. I was a bit shaken up until I was able to get it outside.

For a little history here;  when I first moved to Bellingham in 1987,  I lived in this house for 3 years while my brother Mark lived in Seattle. I had 2 cats at the time - Aretha and Ellwood. Twice in one summer Aretha brought a live snake into the house. The first time it didn't look alive and after I swept it out the front door it slithered away. The second time I knew better and I got that thing out of the house in less than a minute!

Boo & Munchkin have brought those teeny little green frogs into the house many times,  and I thought that's what she had today. She came into the living room and dropped something out of her mouth and started trilling like she does when she has a frog. This was no frog. ...

Is this a character trait of Tortoiseshell Calicos that nobody ever told me about?!

No comments:

Post a Comment