Thursday, January 2, 2020

Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice


Last night I watched Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice on CNN. I had missed the chance to see it in the theater this fall when it came out, and am so glad I finally got to see it. By the end I was crying, I was so sad when I had heard in the last year that she could no longer sing because of Parkinson's Disease. I have been such a huge fan of hers for my whole life. Of course I can't begin to sing like her, but that doesn't stop me from singing along, and belting it out as best I can in the shower, or wherever no one else can hear me! 

Towards the end of the movie I started crying when Emmylou Harris chokes up saying that there will never be someone that sings like Linda, because those are my feelings exactly. Most of the people I've met that are younger than me seem to have little interest in the music from the not so distant past, and have never experienced, and have no appreciation, for just how amazing her voice is/was. 

It made me smile that the movie included a snip from her appearance on The Muppet Show - among others, she sang "The Shoop-Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss), something I always wished ended up on an album.

My favorite album is Hasten Down the Wind, and the song "Give One Heart", but I love it all, especially Canciones de Mi Padre, and the song "The Charreada", she could truly sing anything ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment