Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Nancy Jones

Nancy Jones
A year ago today we lost one of the most vivacious and positive people on the planet, Nancy Jones. I had known Nancy almost my entire life, she was my mom's best friend while I was growing up.

Nancy & Larry Jones
My mom passed away in 1985, a year later I moved from Michigan to Washington state, and for a long time I lost touch with Nancy. In 2008 we reconnected when she and her husband Larry traveled through Bellingham on their way back to Michigan after an epic road trip that took them to Alaska, and back to the lower 48 via the Alaska Marine Highway.

It was so wonderful to see her again, and we stayed in contact until her death. You would be hard pressed to find someone as uplifting, and happy to be alive. She was a natural conversationalist, intelligent, funny, just a beautiful soul. She loved the color orange, and I always think of her when I see orange flowers, especially California Poppies. She loved to cross-stitch and created the one that inspired the name of this blog. I will miss her the rest of my life, and am very glad I was able to call her a friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment