Saturday, August 30, 2014

Hope Everyone is Having a Good Labor Day Weekend



Our weather has turned cooler for the weekend, but it hasn't rained...yet. I hope the weather is decent for next weekend for the Greek Fest.

Nothing to report really; I'm going to take the long weekend at a relaxed pace and what gets done, gets done, and what doesn't, I'm not going to fret about.

I'm working on a project for work and have made the batter for a batch of mint chocolate chip ice cream so far today. I want to make one more batch of salted caramel ice cream and see if I can hit the right balance of ingredients. That will be a treat to take to work.

I finished my sewing project last Sunday evening, a linen blend short sleeve dress; and the tempeature was warm enough for me to wear it to work on Tuesday. I was happy with how it turned out. I was working on the needlepoint a little after that. I think my next sewing project will be quilted pillow covers to go with the Bear - Paw patterned quilt I use in the winter. I don't think that I am going to get to a refinishing project this year after all, which bums me out, because that's two summers in a row.







No comments:

Post a Comment