Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Life with Munchkin

Munchkin's First Day

It was 4 years ago today that I adopted Munchkin from Laurel Feed Store off of the Guide. I went in looking for a container to feed the deer, and I came home with a kitten instead.

He was in a cage by himself, apparently all of his siblings were adopted but him, and he was so full of energy and bouncing around I knew that he would make a great playmate for Boo. I debated with myself for 10 minutes about getting him, and couldn't bear the thought of him not going home with someone that day (I'm such a sucker for tigers). It was one of the best decisions I ever made, I love him to pieces.


Munchkin in the Italian Prune tree in 2010
It was super hot that day, and I ended up letting him out of the box in the car so he didn't suffocate. He explored the entire car by the time we got home. I wanted him to get assimilated with the other cats for a few days before I let him outside. Naturally the first day I did, he went straight up the Italian Prune tree 15 feet off the backdoor. My first thought was "Great!", thinking it would take me hours to get him down; he was about 25 feet up in a few seconds. But he surprised the heck out of me, and came down on his own within a few minutes. He doesn't climb trees as much now, but when he was little he did ALL the time. He was mostly chasing birds and squirrels thinking he could catch them, maybe he just is older and wiser now!

Munchkin July 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment