Sunday, August 30, 2015

August Storm

Sumac Tree behind the house
Yesterday we had a storm come through that is very typical for fall, high winds and rain. It did a lot of damage though, because most trees are under distress because of the hot, dry summer we had, and they still had all their leaves.

I was in the yard late yesterday morning taking care of some branches that had broken on the Snowball Bush out front, and was dragging them to the alley, and was shocked when I got back there and half of the Sumac Tree broke off and was across the alley. I spent several hours in the yard yesterday cleaning up fallen fruit and small branches, now I get to deal with cutting this down to manageable size branches for the rest of the week.

When I went out to get my groceries this morning, I saw leaves and branches down everywhere. The picture below is of the pond at Barkley Village and there were some branches in the pond, but small ones and leaves were littered all around it too.

The pond at Barkley Village




No comments:

Post a Comment