Sunday, August 2, 2015

This 'n That- August 2, 2015

I am slowly catching up to things at home now that the overtime has ended at work. One of the things I need to catch up on before I possibly miss the chance is older episodes of The Daily Show. I am actually months behind, but have caught up to a few here and there including some of July.

I am going to be very sad to see Jon Stewart retire from it, but have to respect his reasons for leaving. I read a good article in today's The Detroit Free Press from Julie Hinds that pretty well nails it as to why I loved the show and him as host. He has been so funny lately skewering Donald Trump, oh man, think of all we'll be missing!


I have been feeling guilty that I am not getting as caught up as I should on taking care of the yard, but it's just been too damn hot! This has been the hottest driest summer since I moved here, and it has been so hard for me to get motivated to get outside because basically I don't feel like sweating like a pig.

I'm hopefully going to complete my latest sewing project of another summer dress today, but would like to get back to working on refinishing the top of the drafting table too. I don't think that I ever featured one of my earliest completed refinishing project before; this antique desk chair I bought from Steve's shop downtown. It had a kind of light brown finish on it, but it mostly needed to be redone because it was pretty nicked up over time. It is actually a very comfy chair.







With the pending move at some point by next spring, I keep thinking about the antique chair I got from Eddree that needs to be re-upholstered. I don't know how I'm going to deal with that yet, but it's definitely in the back of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment