Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pauline




Pauline was my brother Mark's cat, he adopted her from the Whatcom Humane Society when she was 6 months old. I remember the day he brought her home, and she curled up on the chair next to his friend Dave White. The funny thing was, Dave was not really a cat person.

She lived with Mark's dog Edna until Edna passed away right after Christmas 1997. Then she moved with Mark down to Lynwood in 1998 and then south Seattle several years later. I brought her back to Bellingham after Mark passed away right before Christmas 2010; she has come full circle.
I have no idea whether she recognized her old home, but she had to get used to living with my four cats, and that was the biggest adjustment. She enjoyed getting to go out again when spring came, and is doing fairly well for being 17 years old. She has a beautiful purr and lulled me to sleep many nights when she slept on the pillow next to me. I love her to pieces and hope that she lives well for as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment