Thursday, December 29, 2011

Woody





This is Woody, he has been a very loyal companion, like his predecessor Elwood. Woody came around the summer of 1999. I found out several years later that he had been abandoned by a couple from Alaska that was evicted from the apartments next door.
He was hungry and a bit skittish when I took him in. He wasn't fixed yet, and I had to slowly build his trust in me to be able to get him in to a cat carrier to get him to the vet. When the big day finally arrived, he did not go easily. I did manage to get him in the carrier, but in the process I got all scratched up, and ended up in the doctor's office for a tetanus shot and to clean my wounds!
I had a hard time naming him at first, and then one day I came home from work and he was out in the yard and I said "hello Woody". It just came out; he stopped walking and sat and looked right at me. That was it. 
I probably estimated his age as a year younger than he was when I took him in, but he is at least 13 years old now. He's pretty mellow and was the first one to make little Munchkin feel accepted when I adopted him in August 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment