Friday, December 30, 2011

Tom Cat

Tom Cat

This is Tom Cat, he is a Siamese mix with very pretty blue eyes. He got his name because he was quite the horny little devil when he first arrived on the scene. If I had waited until after he was fixed to name him it would have been Tigger from Winnie The Pooh.

When I first saw him, it was after waking up on a Saturday morning, and he was curled up in the grass in the back yard a few feet off the deck and rose bush. It was the beginning of November right after 'W' got re-elected. It's out of the norm for a cat to sleep in such a vulnerable position like that, and especially when it was so cool and damp to boot.
I was short on money at the time, so did not adopt him until the following May. I made a bed for him on the front porch to stay out of the weather that winter. The strangest thing happened after he got fixed, all of the tiger stripes started to come out in his fur. With that, and his boundless energy (he runs like a rocket) he reminded me so much of Tigger, but it was too late to rename him.

I don't know where he came from. He's a big boy with a little meow, and he loves to lay on my lap, is very affectionate, but a bit of a pill too. He likes to ambush Woody and it's funny to watch him get chased by Munchkin who is half his size.

No comments:

Post a Comment