Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Munchkin is Doing Better

Be All That You Can Be, Read

Munchkin is doing better since Friday. I have been practically holding his hand (paw?) to encourage him to eat. But I was willing to do that if that's what it was going to take.

He looked really odd on Saturday because the fluids he got (injected under the skin) had basically all settled into his left front leg, so it was all puffy and twice as big as the right leg all the way down to the paw. It was all absorbed and back to normal by Sunday morning.

The other weird thing is that he had a ton of nervous energy, even though the vet tech said the pain medication would make him quiet for several days. That didn't happen at all, that's part of why I had to sit with him to get him to eat because he was so easily distracted and unfocused.

His appetite seems to be even better today, but I think his tummy must have been so sensitive from all the vomiting that he was struggling with mentally getting past that. When I came home from work today I did find a small amount of vomit, presumably from him. But it was different from before, it was actually food, which told me he was eating on his own. The emptiness of their food bowl also was a big change from the last week. He's also drinking water more readily, so that is a good sign too.

The strange thing is he didn't really slow down and lay around a lot like you would expect being sick. But at any rate I'm very encouraged by his progress and not as worried about losing him as I was last week. It really stressed me out emotionally and am glad to be past that. I want him to live a good long life.

No comments:

Post a Comment