Sunday, January 26, 2014

What's Happening Lately


It will be coming to an end in a few days, but for the last week we have had some beautiful sunny afternoons after the morning fog burns off. The day time highs have been in the upper 40's and every night it has been around or slightly below freezing, but we are due for rain on Tuesday.

A Chart To Explain Why Dating is So Hard

I fell on my left knee a week ago today on the sidewalk about two blocks from the house. It is healing, but I am looking forward to when it is back to normal. I couldn't let that consume me though, because a few days before that, Munchkin started being unwell, vomiting and being off his food. 

I took him to the vet on Wednesday, where he had complete blood & urine testing and an X-ray. The vet called the next day with the results, and there was nothing to explain why. No infections, no obstruction to his system that the vet could feel or see - nothing that would point to a cause.

He started vomiting on Thursday the week before, mostly stomach bile, and it stopped as of mid-week which was an improvement, but his appetite is still a challenge. The vet gave him fluid under his skin Wednesday & Friday, and a anti-nausea medication both days. He also got a pain medication shot on Friday, and the technician said he would probably be quiet for the next several days, but it was the exact opposite, he has been nervous/anxious.

The last injection of fluids on Friday settled mostly in his left leg, so it was kind of bizarre looking that it was all puffed up including his paw. It has finally all absorbed and he looks normal this morning. The only thing he will eat, and only in small amounts is Whisker Lickin's Tarter Control treats, but at least he is eating. He had lost a whole pound by the first vet visit last Wednesday.

I have been on pins and needles because I don't want to lose him, he is only 3 1/2 years old, and as previously noted, he is the apple of my eye. He is still acting normal for the most part in every other respect, so I just have to keep trying to get him to eat more and try to stop expecting the worst. I really want him to come out of this okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment