Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Day 2012

This is today's Non Sequitur; I really enjoy this cartoon, and some times he really hits the nail on the head. Sometimes I really think that humans are so arrogant to think that we are the top of the food chain.

It's been a very quiet holiday for me. I've slept in every day for the last two weeks, so it's going to be hard getting up at 6:30 tomorrow. I didn't get nearly as much accomplished with the time off as I had originally planned. But I have discovered a few new things on my computer, which I was hoping, so it's not a total loss. I played around with the Windows Live Movie Maker, and that is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to creating a project with that once I have scanned more of the family slides.
I also felt good creating this blog and learning how to embed a video. The Life of Flowers video I added to my home page is something my step mom Susan forwarded to me a few months ago. I absolutely love it and have lost count of how many times I've viewed it.
I know some of the computer related things I have learned may seem ho-hum, but I've come a long way from where I started.
I have very little formal training, pretty much all hands on in regards to computers. But I recognize the biggest thing I have going for me is curiosity, and that I like to play around and experiment.
I am hoping the weather is better this spring, I was so sick of the rain last year. By the time the weather finally got nice for me to be able to work outside, I ended up working so much with the new job I couldn't get anything done personally.
I am still working on refinishing the old Army desk that I started two summers ago. When I finish that, then the next problem will be figuring out where to put the black table that is in it's spot in the living room!
I also want to start working on my needlepoint project again, I've had to keep it on the top shelf to keep Munchkin out of it. I haven't worked on it in over a year now because he kept chewing on the wool yarn.
I'll upload some pictures of that and the furniture that I have completed refinishing on since 2006 in a future post.

I'm looking forward to the second season of 'Downton Abbey' on PBS next Sunday, and "Republic of Doyle' on CBC, Wednesday the 11th. And new 'Doc Martin' is coming in March, woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment