Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bits & Pieces

Sweet Peas & Obelisk

I got this obelisk at Fred Meyer this week for my sweet peas, I think this is going to work much better than the small trellis I got last year. I really hope that it ends up covered in blooms!
Boy what a nice weekend it turned out to be. I broke out the shorts and worked in the yard most of the day Saturday after Boo and I got back from her vet visit. It was time for her annual exam, and she actually was really relaxed with Dr. Feringer to the point that he was waiting for her to stop purring so he could listen to her heart. She just didn't like the car ride...

I planted some ivy geraniums in the recycled wood hanging planter I got from the Farmer's Co-op last summer. I planted 3 coral colored and one red together. I got a small purple/fuchsia colored geranium and a deep purple snapdragon and a few blue lobelia, but didn't get those planted yet. They are in a tub in the kitchen; I'm enjoying the color inside!
Pauline just finished her last dose of antibiotics today, and the cold seems to be gone. I made a batch of vanilla bean ice cream yesterday to take to work tomorrow. And today I baked Raisin Cake to take to my mechanic, and raspberry cobbler for my coffee break at work. I wanted to treat Rob and the guys at Hi-Tech, they are always so nice to me. They took my old lawnmower, so that I didn't have to deal with getting the gas out before taking it to get recycled; they did all of that for me.
It's been busy at work still, but no overtime this past week. I've been there a year now as of last Thursday, and it's been interesting being there for when the new seasonal folks start and seeing how it impacts the workload (and parking lot).
I played around last night with a new background for the blog, I wanted something different, at least for now. They just updated the blogs, and I like the matting around the pictures, it helps bring them in to focus. I better sign off now so I can watch the latest episode of Awake online before the news...

No comments:

Post a Comment