Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Secretary Desk - Part 2

My friend Jo said she was curious about what the secretary desk looked like before I refinished it. This is the only detailed picture I took before I stripped the desk itself.
I started with the drawers and stripped and sanded those first, you can see the bottom drawer here for comparison.

The cubby holes were a bit more work to sand, but they are so handy for my monthly bills. The actual fold down desk part was no longer part of the desk when I got it, but I actually like it open like this.


 This picture was taken after it was all stripped and I was still in the sanding stage. I managed to get it all done in one summer, the weather was more co-operative back then.

It was kind of awkward to have to lug that in and out the back door when I worked on it on the back deck. I got a work out that summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment