Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bits & Pieces

Nemesia

Nemesia Close-Up
I love this plant! I bought one last spring, but had bad luck in re-potting it and it died right away. I was excited to see it again at Fred Meyer and this one is doing great.
The Sweet Peas are slowly coming along, I think it hasn't been warm enough for them to really thrive yet. I'm going to wait another week at least before planting some herb seeds in planters, hopefully it will be consistently warmer at night soon so that they will be successful.


I experienced a real bummer this last week when someone took my clay planter that I had on the front porch and smashed it to bits on the sidewalk in front of my neighbor Dave's empty house next door. I had geraniums in it that I had wintered inside for two years in a row and they were in fantastic shape. I had planned on putting a few more planters out there this year, but won't be after this. I just planted one more hanging planter, hopefully that should be safe. I planted a purplish geranium with both light and deep blue Lobelia in the hanging planter.
I worked some overtime this week, we are starting to head in to the busy season. And yesterday I met with Denise, Jo & her mom Dot, and Steve & Naomi at AB Crepes downtown. The food was good, any they were busy which is a good sign for a new business. Jo owns the building, so I really hope they are successful and good long term tenants for her.
I also read in the Herald that a Philly Cheese-Steak shop opened up out on Mount Baker Highway; and oh man! I wish it was closer! The gal managing it used to work at the one in town here that closed almost ten years ago, and I still really miss that place.

1 comment:

  1. Well that's a heck of a deal - don't you just hate people who do stuff like that. Glad to hear the crepe place was good. Maybe I'll try it for lunch one of these days. T.

    ReplyDelete