Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring!


Exactly a week ago today, during our beautiful weekend, I mowed the lawn for the first time of the season. That always wears me out a bit, due to the grass getting so high in most places before the ground is dry enough for me to mow. It wasn't too bad this year though.

I also planted the Sweet Pea seeds that came off of the plants that I had last summer. That was the first time that I ever grew them, and it was a nice little bonus that I wasn't expecting to have the pea-pods with seeds when it was bloomed out. I had saved them in a jar for this spring. I planted 7 little peat-pots, and 6 of them are sprouting!

I also bought some seeds at Fred Meyer this past week, and am going to try growing some Basil and Rosemary in containers on the deck. I also got a packet of Lavendar just for the heck of it.

The other "flowering' situation that I was pleasantly surprised by this week is both of my Christmas Cactus budding/blooming. The smaller red one is opening first and the larger pink one is running about a week behind. This is now the third time they have bloomed in the last 6 months. They always bloom between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and usually again in February, now this!

The cats also really enjoyed the weather last weekend and now are wanting out all the time (if only Mother Nature would co-operate). Boo will go to the back door and give me her mournful meow, while the rain is pounding against the windows...


My little boy Munchkin loves to explore; half the time he is outside, he is out of view, hanging out under the trees or bushes next door. But he was sitting still long enough sniffing the grass for me to get this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment