Sunday, May 13, 2012

Flowers

Kelly's Christmas Cactus

My Lilac 
 I had accidently broken two sections of my large Christmas Cactus this winter and decided to try and root them in water. I've only ever done that with ivies so I had no idea whether it would work.
It did, and I finally potted it to eventually give to Kelly at work, but I want to make sure it is healthy and established before I give it to her. It's been cool seeing the new growth, I potted it about a month ago, and I think it's doing really well. The new growth is kind of a burgundy-ish color, and I counted 7 new sections.



And I have been really enjoying my Lilac this spring; I had clipped several off to bring inside to enjoy at home and at work. I love the fragrance and think they are beautiful too. I wish it would grow taller faster, but am still pleased that it blooms every year and is healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment