Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Munchkin, stalking a bird as usual....


Another beautiful Saturday with sunshine and warm temperatures. Yesterday when I got home from work we had a deer visiting. I sat out on the deck with the cats enjoying it, but did not grab my camera. I wish I had, Munchkin was pretty cute; he was definitely curious, but still too cautious to get too close.

Sweet Peas
My sweet pea is slowly getting more established, just not very tall yet. The basil I planted is sprouting; there are these teeny little leaves at the surface, but they are there! It's the first time I've planted any herbs, so I hope I'm able to make some pesto by the end of the summer...


Last Sunday was the last episode of Series 2 of Sherlock on Masterpiece on PBS, and it was really bittersweet, because I don't know if they will bring it back or not with the way it ended. And then Thursday night was the last episode of Doc Martin Series 5. Same situation, I don't know if there will be any future seasons, but if not, I have to say it was a really sweet ending if that ends up being the last one ever. I absolutely love that show and wish it could go on forever, but of course it can't.
Snowball Bush













I was originally going to put this planter on the front porch until the incident last month - so instead I'm really enjoying the color inside. It's a dwarf snapdragon and blue Lobelia. They seem to be doing just fine in the south window, I just need to make sure I water them every few days, just like the Nemesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment