Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

What a gorgeous weekend! I worked out in the yard as much as I could both days. I dismantled the section of the compost Bin that fell down over the winter. I want to try and re-use a couple of the boards to repair a few spots where other ones rotted away and fell off.
Early on yesterday Tomcat was on the porch stalking a baby squirrel, and both of them got frightened by the mail carrier. Tomcat jumped off the porch and the squirrel first climbed up on top of the bird feeder, and then from there jumped into the hanging planter that is about a foot away.


The baby is the one a few feet up from the ground.



I was watching from the living room, and could tell this little one could not figure a way out of that pickle. So I slowly walked up and lifted the whole pot and set it down on the ledge of the porch. Well that poor little thing was hanging on to the planter for dear life scared out of it's mind, and was frozen. I walked back inside and watched a few minutes more from the living room, but it was not going anywhere.

I went out there again, and Woody followed me out and jumped up on the ledge, but seemed to be oblivious to the squirrel at first, and I ended up kind of tilting the pot, and it finally jumped out. .

Woody was just more curious than anything at that point and was checking it out, but not hunting it. It finally went down the side of the porch and around the side of the house, where Munchkin stinker that he is, proceed to stalk it. Thankfully he didn't catch up with it.

A little later the baby and apparently both parents were all up in the apple trees in the backyard and then Boo was the stalker. She didn't do any harm either, but I got a few pictures of that encounter. i didn't realize until I looked at the first picture on the computer that one of the squirrels must have been just a few feet away from her in the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment