Sunday, July 28, 2013

Around the Corner Summer Picnic




A week from today is the Around the Corner Summer picnic held at Hovander Homestead Park in Ferndale. Hopefully we will get our favorite spot next to the house under the big tree. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the dry weather continues as well.



Fragrance Garden at Tennet Lake Interpretative Center

Gardens behind Hovander Homestead house


Here are some pictures from visits to the park in the past. This is one thing I really miss about not having the car, is not being able to just head out here for a walk, or to the Maritime Park in Blaine. I love the Fragrance Garden.







I'll never forget coming out one summer evening after the dinner hour, and it was quiet and I kept seeing rabbits everywhere. I nicknamed it bunny central, including the one I saw munching on the leaves of something in the fragrance garden..



Fragrance Garden

Fragrance Garden

Wisteria at the Fragrance Garden

Giant Fossil at the Fragrance Garden

Hydrangea in front of Hovander Homestead house

No comments:

Post a Comment