Saturday, July 13, 2013

Chrome T-Rex



Artist Philippe Pasqua created this Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton that is installed near the Seine in Paris France. It is made from 350 chrome molded bones and measures 21 by 12 feet.

I first saw this on I Can Has Cheezburger and then I Google'd it to find out more about it. The perspective makes it look like it is over a 100 feet tall, so it was kind of disappointing to find out it isn't, but it's still pretty cool.

The website that I found this information on is called Colossal and I am so glad I found it! I added it to my links, and plan on visiting it regularly. It makes me realize just how much I miss seeing art in person. I feel lucky to have grown up going to the art center in Kalamazoo. I went all the time with my parents, and Bellingham doesn't have anything comparable to it.
The other thing I found web-surfing last night was the website for the artist who created the kinetic sculpture that is permanently installed downtown at the city transit station. I absolutely love that piece, and embedded a YouTube video of it at the bottom of the blog. I wish that whoever did the video had placed a track of music over the street sounds. Toward the end you can hear some idiot slinging an insult at it. How could anyone not like it?


No comments:

Post a Comment